Find Tourist Places in Dhaka Division
There are around 200 tourist attractions in Dhaka Division. This is 21% of all tourist attractions listed in Bangladesh. Top districts in Dhaka Division with popular tourist destinations are Dhaka, Narayanganj, Gazipur, Savar and Narsingdi. The major types of tourist attractions listed here are landmarks and museums. Then there is also amusement parks listed in Dhaka Division. You may find a list of all categories of Dhaka Division attractions on this page. Click on a category to find all attractions of Dhaka Division of that type.
Dhaka Division is one of the eight administrative divisions of Bangladesh. It is located in the central region of the country. The division consists of two city corporations, 17 districts, 58 municipalities and 125 sub-districts. It has been the center of admiration of Bangladesh from the ancient times. It was the capital and an important administrative center of Mughal administration.
The division is strategically an important region of Bangladesh. In fact, this is the center of all economy, politics, business, and finance of the country. The capital city is located in this division and all the government headquarters and the highest legislative centers are located in the capital.
Dhaka is also the gateway to Bangladesh for the tourists traveling by air. The division has many attractive destinations including the sights in the capital.
Interesting tourist spots in Dhaka city:
Lalbagh Fort, Ahsan Manzil, Baldha garden, Dhaka zoo, botanical garden, national museum, Liberation War Museum, Ramna Park.
Attractions in the districts of Dhaka division:
- Nandan Park, Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho (National Martyrs' Memorial) in Dhaka district
- Bangabandhu Safari Park in Gazipur
- Folklore museum, Panam City in Narayanganj
- Wari-Bateshwar in Narsingdi
- Padma River, Idrakpur fort, Baba Adam's Mosque in Munshganj
- Baliati Palace in Manikganj
- Poet Jasim Uddin's memorial in Faridpur
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s mausoleum in Gopalganj
- Tomb of Hazrat Shah Madar (R) in Madaripur
- Novelist Mir Mosharraf Hossain Memorial Center, Rajbari Railway station in Rajbari
- Jangalbari in Kishoreganj
- Fatehjung Fort in Shariatpur
- Elenga Resort, Madhupur National Park, Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge in Tangail
The capital has direct communication with all the other districts of Bangladesh by road. Some districts have rail connections. A few cities have air connection with the capital. All the districts of this division are interconnected and easily accessible by road.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Dhaka Division
Visit the top tourist attractions in Dhaka Division. Click on a tourist attraction bellow to find the detailed information.
- Ahsan Manzil, Dhaka
- Lalbagh Fort, Dhaka
- Sonargaon, Narayanganj
- Bangladesh National Museum, Dhaka
- Liberation War Museum, Dhaka
- National Martyr's Monument, Savar
- Baitul Mukarram, Dhaka
- Hussaini Dalan, Dhaka
- Bangladesh National Zoo, Dhaka
- Kakrail Mosque & Tablig Markaz, Dhaka
Search Tourist Attractions by District
There are 14 districts in Dhaka Division with tourist attractions. Browse through the districts in the following section to explore Dhaka Division tourist attractions.
The following article will provide you with interesting information, useful tips and insights about tourist attractions in Dhaka Division.
Historic Landmarks of Bangladesh
Find in Dhaka Division
We have listed tourist places of Dhaka Division in the following categories. Please click on one of them to find all Dhaka Division attractions of that type.View All