Find Tourist Places in Rangpur Division
There are around 100 tourist attractions in Rangpur Division. This is 11% of all tourist attractions listed in Bangladesh. Top districts in Rangpur Division with popular tourist destinations are Rangpur, Dinajpur, Thakurgaon, Lalmonirhat and Gaibandha. The major types of tourist attractions listed here are landmarks and museums. Then there is also amusement parks listed in Rangpur Division. You may find a list of all categories of Rangpur Division attractions on this page. Click on a category to find all attractions of Rangpur Division of that type.
Rangpur is one of the new divisions that formed after the liberation of Bangladesh. It consists of eight districts of northern Bangladesh. It was announced as the seventh division of Bangladesh on 25th January 2010.
The activities of Rajshahi Division were running with 16 districts of northern Bangladesh. The position of the divisional headquarter was in Rajshahi which is located on the extreme south of the division. It was quite difficult to maintain the administration of the northern districts from Rajshahi. In order to perform the administrative operations of those districts efficiently, a separate division was created in the Rangpur region.
Rangpur division has an area of about 16,320 sq km that contains 8 districts, 58 sub-districts and 534 unions.
Rangpur division has many interesting places for the tourists. The only rock museum of Bangladesh is located in Panchagarh of this division. Tentulia, the northern most point of Bangladesh is located in this division too.
As an ancient region, this division has many sites that make interest for the history fans. The most noteworthy sites of this division are –
- Dinajpur: Ramsagar and Kantajew Temple.
- Gaibandha: Balashi Ghat, Dreamland, Sarovar.
- Kurigram: Panga palace, Chandamari Mosque, Baparipara Shahi Mosque.
- Lalmonirhat: Burimari Land Port, Harano mosque, Lalmonirhat airbase of World War II, Tista barrage irrigation project.
- Nilphamari: Nilasagar, Chini mosque, Teesta barrage and irrigation project, Syedpur railway workshop.
- Panchagarh: Tentulia Bungalow, Banglabandha Zero Point, tea garden in flat land, Rock's Museum.
- Rangpur: Tajhat Palace, Carmichael College, Begum Rokeya memorial.
- Thakurgaon: Signs of ancient capital in Ranisankail, Bangla Garh.
All the districts of Rangpur division are connected by road from Dhaka directly. Some districts also have rail services. Saidpur airport is the gateway to this division by air. Direct flights are operated by several aviation companies regularly between Dhaka and Saidpur.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Rangpur Division
Visit the top tourist attractions in Rangpur Division. Click on a tourist attraction bellow to find the detailed information.
- Tajhat Palace, Rangpur
- Kantajew Temple, Dinajpur
- Vinnya Jagat, Rangpur
- Funcity Amusement Park, Thakurgaon
- Ramsagar National Park, Dinajpur
- Town Hall, Rangpur
- Nayabad Mosque, Dinajpur
- Rangpur Zoo, Rangpur
- Thakurgaon Sugar Mill, Thakurgaon
- Chandamari Masjid, Kurigram
Search Tourist Attractions by District
There are 8 districts in Rangpur Division with tourist attractions. Browse through the districts in the following section to explore Rangpur Division tourist attractions.